Stachybotrys chartarum is a specific type of mold that is most commonly known as black or toxic mold. This type of mold is known to thrive in places that are moist and damp, as well as places that are high in cellulose and low in nitrogen, and can be commonly found in soil or on grain, drywall, wall paper, sheetrock or plasterboard. Also be sure to keep an eye on areas with pipes and may have potential water leaks.
Black mold is known to cause dangerous health issues such as neurological/mental impairment, circulatory, respiratory, eye and vision problems, skin and immune problems. The mycotoxins that are produced by this type of mold can destroy and ruin the neurons in your brain. Having this happen could lead to serious nervous disorders such as mental impairments and tremors.
Although black mold doesn't grow as quickly as most molds, once it does begin colonizing, it will take over any other mold that may have already been present. If your home has been infested by this type of mold and your health has succumbed to its effects, once the black mold has been removed by your professional mold remover, your symptoms should subside. However, if you are noticing any toxic mold symptoms, contact your doctor or a professional health care provider immediately, as exposure to toxic mold can lead to serious and even fatal complications.
Green mold can also be just as dangerous black mold. Aspergillus, a specific type of green mold, has been linked to sicknesses such as pneumonia, lung inflammation and bronchitis. Penicillum, another type of green mold, can actually cause allergic reactions on the skin in the form of rashes and/or hives, which could lead to swelling of the throat and breathing difficulties.
Mold can at times be difficult to remove, and tends to be a very time-consuming and tedious task. Because mold can reproduces quickly and are spread by tiny spores that are invisible to the naked eye, it can disperse into the air and spread to other areas of your home when trying to clean it up. This is why you should let a professional handle this task. If you locate any mold in your home, call us right away! You don't want to inhale any of those tiny spores while trying to help eliminate part of the problem.
We as professional mold remediation providers will always have the correct equipment to protect ourselves and to remove the mold. Its always best to contact a professional to get a job like this done.